The liver is one of the most vital organs of the human body, where all the chemical functions of the body take place. People often suffer from many diseases related to the Liver, Liver Cirrhosis is one of the most fatal. Here, we will discuss whether there is any cure for the disease and the ways to prevent this disease.
What is Liver Cirrhosis?
Liver Cirrhosis is a permanent scaring of the liver. The scar causes irreversible damage,w which means, the tissue damage can’t be reversed to the original form. When a person suffers from the disease, fibrosis occurs in the liver.
Once the disease is started, it slowly spreads to the healthy cells. A scared and damaged liver can’t perform its normal work correctly. As a result, the functions of the liver fail, and soon the person follows to death.
What are the causes of the disease?
There are many causes, for which your liver can be damaged permanently, They are:
Long-term Alcohol Consumption:
The most common cause of the disease is long-term alcohol consumption. Alcohol Alcohol causes inflammation of the liver, which gradually turns into scarring of the liver tissues.
Viral Hepatitis like Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C can cause liver cirrhosis. Hepatitis decreases the potentiality of the lever. if not cured, the disease can cause liver failure.
Fatty liver disease:
Fatty liver disease occurs due to too much accumulation of fat in the liver. these fats cause inflammation in the organ and cause liver cirrhosis.
Autoimmune Hepatitis occurs when the body’s immune system starts attacking the liver cells. When the liver cells are attacked, the scarring can lead to cirrhosis.
Consumption of Certain drugs can for a long time cause irreversible damage to the liver. These drugs include Methotrexate (Rheumatrex), amiodarone (Cordarone), and methyldopa (Aldomet).
There are also some other causes like:
- Destruction of the bile ducts
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Wilson’s disease
- Genetic DIsorder like Alagille syndrome
What are the symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis:
- Fatigue and tiredness, the patient becomes tired after a short work.
- Patients often feel nausea and drowsiness.
- People with Liver Cirrhosis associated with jaundice will show yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membrane, and sclera.
- Loss of weight.
- The liver plays an important role in blood clotting, people with liver disease will face bleeding or bruising easily.
- The blood vessels get a spider-like appearance
- Presence of edema9swellig) in the legs
Is there any Cure for the disease?
Unfortunately, Liver Cicchosis doesn’t have any cure. The disease causes irreversible damage to the liver cells. The scars that occur during the disease can’t be reverted. It also disables the functions of the areas which are affected.
So, if you are diagnosed with the disease, the main focus of the treatment is to lengthen the time of the damage. By removing the causes, the disease can be slowed incredibly. But you have to stay under the supervision of a Hepatologist for your whole life.
Medications don’t work if you have the disease, as most of the medicines are metabolized in the liver. Patients with the disease have to be very cautious about their health because any future disease can be life-threatening for them.
How to treat the causes of the Disease?
- Firstly, alcohol consumption should be stopped immediately. Drinking should be restricted for the rest of your life.
- Individuals should focus on weight loosing for fatty liver disease. A healthy diet should be maintained.
- Anti-viral medicines are suggested for hepatitis disease.
- There are certain medicines to suppress the immune system, which attacks the liver
- the medicines which are responsible for the disease should be avoided. If they are a must-take, consult your doctor to replace them with another drug.
- If any narrow or obstructed bile duct is present in the liver should be corrected surgically or non-surgical with medicines.
How to prevent Liver Disease?
- Alcohol consumption is the cause of many diseases incuding liver disease. avoiding the habit will keep your liver healthy.
- Always try to take diets low of carbohydrates and fats. You should use more fruits and fibers in your diet.
- Try to maintaina good ealth. You should do exercises regularly, it will keep you free from every diseases.
- Have a complete body checkup twice a year.
- Avoid street foods, unhygenic foods and water, this will keep you free from hepatits.